Your guide to recharging your natural gemstone jewelry and crystals.
A full moon is coming up so I am taking the opportunity to discuss how to “recharge” your gemstone jewelry and crystals. For the purposes of this post, I am going to use the term “gemstone” or “gemstone jewelry” to refer to all natural gems and crystals, whether they are in bead form or their raw crystal form.
When I introduced gemstone jewelry in the shop last year, I failed to fully educate my customers on how gemstones work and how to recharge them. I'm hoping to rectify that mistake with this blog post. To recharge them means to expel any negative energy, and to reintroduce positive energy flow back into the piece. There are three simple steps you can follow to cleanse your gemstones so that you can continue to the enjoy them throughout the month.
1. Before sunset on the evening of a full moon, you will first prepare your gemstone jewelry by rinsing under natural water. Natural water can be a river, stream, lake, or the ocean. If you are unable to rinse under the natural water, you can rinse under purified water. As you are rinsing each piece, focus on releasing the negative energy from the gemstone. You can even focus on something that has affected you negatively in the last month. Make peace with that negative energy and allow it to be removed from your gemstone and your life.
2. After sunset, place your gemstone jewelry on a natural surface. Set each piece down with intention. Focus on allowing positive energy to flow back into your gemstone, as well as back into yourself. This is your last chance to let go of any negative or static energy that is bringing you down. Natural surfaces can be anything! A favorite flower pot, your garden, near your favorite tree, in the grass, etc. Wherever you decide to leave your gemstone, make sure it is in the direct view of the full moon. Take advantage of the full moon and try to sneak in a quick meditation or prayer before bed, thanking the full moon, and anticipating the energy from the new moon that is to come.
3. Just after sunrise, you will retrieve your newly charged gemstone pieces. Do not wait too long after sunrise; direct sunlight can cause fading of the color. A short prayer or affirmation can be said as you pick up each piece. Here are a few examples I enjoy:
- I draw from my inner strength and light.
- I trust myself.
- I replace my anger with understanding and compassion.
- I am a unique child in this world.
Recharging your gemstone pieces is symbolic of recharging yourself. Feel free to add in your own rituals; anything that will help you push out negativity, and welcome positivity. Personally, I love to meditate and to write in a journal. It is a way for me to visualize and accept my energy and to make changes to better myself and my journey.
I hope you will join me during this upcoming full moon and clear out any negative energy that may be in your gemstone jewelry and in your heart. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to comment below and I will help you any way I can. Below are the dates for the upcoming full moons for the 2018 year. Follow us on Instagram @baybeeboutique and we will be posting reminders on when you set out your gemstone jewelry and crystals.
|Jan. 1||Wolf Moon||9:24 p.m.||02:24|
|Jan. 31||Snow Moon||8:27 a.m.||13:27|
|Mar. 1||Worm Moon||7:51 p.m.||00:51 (3/2)|
|Mar. 31||Sap Moon||8:37 a.m.||13:37|
|Apr. 29||Pink Moon||8:58 p.m.||00:58 (4/30)|
|May 29||Flower Moon||10:20 a.m.||14:20|
|Jun. 28||Strawberry Moon||12:53 a.m.||04:53|
|Jul. 27||Buck Moon||4:21 p.m.||20:21|
|Aug. 26||Sturgeon Moon||7:56 a.m.||11:56|
|Sep. 24||Harvest Moon||10:53 p.m.||02:53 (9/25)|
|Oct. 24||Hunter's Moon||12:45 p.m.||16:45|
|Nov. 23||Beaver Moon||12:39 a.m.||05:39|
|Dec. 22||Cold Moon||12:49 p.m.||17:49|
*taken from space.com
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post! If you're interested in snagging a beautiful piece of gemstone jewelry from our shop, feel free to use code GEMSTONE at checkout for 20% off. Limited time offer!
It's time to let go,